For some reason I have been baking up a storm lately, from homemade sweet rolls, to chocolate caramel brownies, I just can’t stop.
Here is a neat little recipe I wanted to pass along:
Chocolate Cranberry Oatmeal Cookies:
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) plus 6 tablespoons butter, softened
- 3/4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- !/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon of ground nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon of allspice
- 1/2 teaspoon of ground cardamom
- 1/2 teaspoon salt (optional)
- 3 cups Oats (quick or old-fashioned, uncooked)
- *6 – 8 oz of Cocoa Mill’s Dark Chocolate Cranberry Bark
Heat oven to 350°F.
Chop chocolate cranberry bark up into nice bite size chunks, set aside (to snack on while you assemble the rest of the cookie).
In large bowl, beat butter and sugars until creamy.
Add eggs and vanilla; beat well.
Add combined flour, baking soda, spices and salt; mix well.
Add oats and chocolate cranberry bark; mix well.
Drop dough by rounded tablespoonfuls onto un-greased cookie sheets.
Bake 8 to 10 minutes or until light golden brown. Cool 1 minute on cookie sheets; remove to wire rack. Cool completely. Store tightly covered or in freezer safe bags for later consumption 😉
* Bark may be substituted for 6 – 8 oz chopped bittersweet dark chocolate and 1 cup cranberries.