Every holiday Cocoa Mill Chocolate Shop is bustling as we hurry to make the appropriate seasonal chocolates that so many people have come to incorporate into their holiday traditions. This Spring we are busy making custom Easter baskets filled with Peanut Butter or Coconut Eggs, Chocolate Bunnies and many more fabulous confections. The smell of melting chocolate never gets old; it is however our job, so finding time and energy for fun Holiday activities and special time making memories with our children takes planning and preparation. Of course we will dye our Easter eggs and prepare for the Easter bunny to visit our house, as well as learn about what Easter truly means to our family, but this year I thought that I would do a little extra, a little more.
I know that this is an easy and simple recipe but I thought that it would work perfectly for and added Easter activity. We will be making The tried and true Bird’s Nest cookies, the only difference is we will be sprucing it up with Cocoa Mill’s gourmet white chocolate. So step aside chocolate or butterscotch chips, this isn’t your grandmother’s bird’s nest cookie (although I know grandma would enjoy them too :)ha ha ).
Bird’s Nest Cookies
What you will need:
- 2 cups chopped Cocoa Mill’s white chocolate
- 1 cup peanut butter
- 2-3 cups chow-mein noodles
- candy robin’s eggs
How to make the cookies:
- Line a baking sheet with waxed paper.
- Place White Chocolate and peanut butter in a microwave-safe container. Heat on 50% power for 1 minute. Stir, and repeat, until chocolate is melted.
- Stir in chow -mein noodles until fully coated.
- Drop by tablespoonful onto prepared baking sheet.
- Use your thumb and press down in the center to form a nest shape.
- Place a few candy robin’s eggs in the center of each nest for eggs.
- Refrigerate until firm.