Fun Fall Treats:
Chocolate Dipped Turkey Pretzels
I love the idea of making Holiday crafts with my kids, but the truth is I rarely have time. When I do I need something fairly easy and straight forward so that everyone can have fun while creating the craft. Here is a cute Thanksgiving food craft that is easy and will be fun for the whole family!
1 cup Cocoa Mill bittersweet chocolate chunks
1 1/2 Tbsp. vegetable oil
12 Oreo cookies
36 small pretzels
24 candy eyeballs
12 pieces candy corn
Parchment paper (for drying)
- Melt 1/3 cup bittersweet chocolate chunks and ½ Tbsp. vegetable oil 30 seconds in a small microwave-safe bowl. Remove and stir. Continue cooking in 30-second increments until chips are melted.
- Assemble cookies using chocolate like glue; spread on back of Oreo and attach 3 pretzels in a fan pattern to look like feathers.
- Let the turkey dry allowing the chocolate to cool and bond the pretzel and Oreo together.
- Heat the remaining chocolate and vegetable oil in 30 second increments (stirring each time) until chocolate is melted. Once chocolate is smoothly melted dip the turkey full in the chocolate using a kitchen fork and allow excess chocolate to fall back in the melted chocolate bowl. Coat all turkeys and place on parchment paper to cool and dry.
- Dip backs of eyeballs and candy corn in chocolate and stick to the front of the “turkey” to make a face.
- Place finished turkeys on a plate and cool in refrigerator 1 hour to allow chocolate to set.
Yields: 12 cookies
If that is too much work you could always just dip the pretzels and decorate them with fall colored sprinkles 🙂