Summer is in full swing and full heat. While hanging out with the kiddos we’ve experimented with making our own popsicles, this was so exciting and fun, at first but now the newness has worn off. It was so cool to choose 3 different juice flavors or even make a smoothie and freezing it overnight for a much anticipated awesome and unique flavored popsicles, concocted by the youngsters.
Now that they are tired of these cool fruit flavored popsicles I am looking to fudgesicles. I don’t want to buy them from the store mainly because I cannot pronounce most of the ingredients and I didn’t want to just buy box pudding for the same reason. I am that weird mom that will not buy anything unless I can clearly pronounce and recognize the ingredients. So with that being said here I am writing this blog on how to make fudgesicles from scratch.
And here we go……
2 cups of whole milk
1 cup of dark chocolate chunks
2 Tablespoons of sugar
2 Tablespoons Cocoa Powder
- Heat the whole milk in a saucepan over medium heat. Do not boil, just heat until the milk is steamy.
- Turn off the burner but leave saucepan in place. Add Cocoa & Sugar whisk together until completely blended.
- Pour chocolate chunks into a bowl.
- Pour Cocoa/Milk mixture over chocolate chunks. Stir until completely melted and well blended.
- Clean edges of the bowl with a spatula and let the chocolate mixture stand for 5 minutes.
- Pour into popsicle molds, place popsicle sticks in each compartment. Wait until fudgesicle is completely frozen.
We make our popsicles before bed and let them freeze overnight so the kiddos aren’t left waiting all day…. but 5-7 hours should do the trick too.
I hope this treat is as cool and pleasing to you as it was for my family.