Hoo hoo,hoo hoo….Owl Cupcakes
If you are like me you totally forgot that you said you would donate a baked good to your child’s school for the “Fall Fundraiser”, and now it is the day of and the freaking out begins! Have no fear Owl Cupcakes are here! These are so easy you could practically do this in your car on the way to the school (provided someone else is driving).
What you will need:
12 Premade Chocolate Iced Cupcakes (or you can bake them if you have enough time, if you do props to you!!)
1 Bag Oreos (I like the orange filled Oreos this time of year)
1 Bag Reese’s Pieces or M&M’s if you are worried about peanut allergies
Open Two Oreos, place on the cupcake and place 2 Reese’s Pieces or 2 M&M’s for the center of the eye. Place another candy for the nose (sideways on the cupcake).
Basically, make it look like the picture below. This is fairly easy and not too involved!
Oh My G-O-S-H! These are so dang cute! I don’t know why but every time I look at these I feel really happy! So I felt it was necessary to share these with you all too! I have posted a brownie recipe before (click here for recipe) and we will be using the same recipe for these monster brownies, the only difference is this will have peanut butter frosting and added decorations. So again I hope this is fun and easy for you. Enjoy!
Cocoa Mill Brownies:
- 2 sticks of butter (softened)
- 6 to 8 ounces Cocoa Mill dark chocolate
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup all-purpose flour (can use whole wheat if desired, tastes just as good)
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- In a saucepan melt 1 stick of butter and the chocolate, stirring continually so not to burn the chocolate. Set aside.
- In a mixing bowl place 1 stick of butter, sugar, powdered sugar and vanilla mix together. Add eggs and mix again. Add flour and salt mix until well blended. Add chocolate and stir until batter is chocolate through and through. Add nuts last if desired.
- Pour batter into a buttered 13 x 9 x 2 baking pan. Bake at 325 degrees F for 35 – 40 minutes or until a knife stuck in comes out clean.
- Cool in pan on wire rack.
While the brownies are cooling start making your Peanut Butter Frosting:
- ½ cup butter, softened
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 4-5 Tbsp. milk
- 2 cups powdered sugar
You will also need, Peanut Butter Cups, 1/2 cup of white frosting, and chocolate chips for the eyes and white icing if you want to pipe mouths on too.
- For the peanut butter frosting, blend together peanut butter, powdered sugar, butter, and milk in a stand mixer for 3-4 minutes or until light and fluffy. If it is too stiff, add a bit more milk so it is easy to pipe.
- Using Wilton tip 233, pipe the peanut butter “hair” onto the top of a brownie in whatever way you’d like. Then use upside down Cocoa Mill Peanut Butter Cups to place eyes on your monster. Put a tiny dollop of white icing on top of the Peanut Butter Cup then place a chocolate chip in the center to use as an eyeball.
- If desired, use a decorating bag, small tip and white icing to pipe smile onto your monster brownie. Or you can leave them with just the eyes!
Oh my, oh my…. The days are getting warmer and warmer and It is time to have a bite that will cool you down and lift your spirits. Mini Mint Cheesecakes are the perfect summertime treat. These delectable bites are easy to make and cute to serve with tea or as a potluck bring along dish. Cool your taste buds and the summertime heat with these nifty little bites:
Sometimes we don’t need a guilty pleasure, instead we need a chocolate feel good about myself snack. This seemed like it would work for those warmer days when you still need a chocolate pick me up.
Chocolate Protein Bars
- 1/2 cup Unsweetened Vanilla almond milk
- 1 cup oat flour
- 4 egg whites
- 2 scoops protein powder (vanilla or chocolate)
- 1/4 cup Stevia
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 3 Tbsp unsweetened baking cocoa
- 1/3 cup natural peanut butter
- 4 Tbsp nonfat Greek yogurt
1.Preheat oven to 350°F.
2.Mix almond milk, egg whites, applesauce, peanut butter and yogurt together in a small bowl.
3.In a separate bowl, mix flour, protein powder, Stevia, baking soda, salt and cocoa together and then combine with wet ingredients.
4.Pour mixture into a greased 8″ x 8″ glass dish and bake for 25 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Enjoy!
This Mother’s Day make your mom something special. It won’t take very long but it will melt her heart, just like when you used to give her homemade Mother’s Day gifts as a child. What Mother wouldn’t love and handmade gift from the heart? This recipe should be a winner.
Melt Her Heart Lava Cake
Cooking spray, for spraying custard cups
1 stick butter
2 ounces bittersweet chocolate
2 ounces semisweet chocolate
1 1/4 cups powdered sugar
2 whole eggs
3 egg yolks
1 teaspoon vanilla
1/2 cup all-purpose flour
Fresh Mint Leaves
Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F.
Spray the four custard cups with baking spray and place on a baking sheet.
In a saucepan melt the butter. Whisk in the chocolate until it is also melted. Stir in the sugar until well blended. Whisk in the eggs and egg yolks, then add the vanilla. Stir in the flour.
Divide the mixture among the four custard cups.
Bake until the sides are firm and the centers are soft, about 13 minutes. Let stand 1 minute. Invert on individual plates while warm and serve with whipped cream raspberries and mint leaves. Enjoy with your Mom!
If you are not able to be with your for Mother’s Day click here (Cocoa Mill) for some fabulous handmade chocolate gifts to be sent right to her door that includes a handwritten note from your heart to hers.
Recipe courtesy of Ree Drummond
Ever wanted something awesome and sweet but when you go to look in the cupboard or the fridge… nothing. Then you get that sinking feeling in your stomach that you will have live the rest of the day unsatisfied? Well this is a quick and easy way to fix that. NO preheating the oven and getting the whole kitchen dirty. Seriously all you need is a spoon, a large coffee mug, a couple of ingredients and a microwave.
Chocolate Mug Cake
Whisk 1/4 cup flour, 5 tablespoons sugar, 2 tablespoons cocoa powder, 1 egg, 3 tablespoons milk, 3 tablespoons vegetable oil and a dash of vanilla extract and salt in a large mug until smooth. Stir in some chocolate chunks Microwave until puffed, about 2 minutes. Let cool for a minute and top it off with whatever you like, strawberries, whipped cream, chocolate syrup or anything else you can think of. Enjoy!
Adapted from FoodNetwork Instant Cake