Quick & Easy Holiday Bites
This is a super quick and easy recipe that has been adapted from Adrienne. In about 15 to 20 minutes you can have a fantastic yet easy, easy, easy, party treat.
With the help of a set of fun shaped ice cube trays or candy molds, a simple recipe like chocolate bark looks so much more festive.
What you will need:
2 fun shaped ice cube trays:
1/2 pound of Cocoa Mill White Chocolate to melt
½ tbsp. of butter
8 Cocoa Mill Dark Chocolate Toffee
1 oz. Dried Cranberries
Chop the Dark Chocolate Toffee and mix with the Dried Cranberries, set aside.
Over medium heat in a saucepan melt the butter and white chocolate. Stir constantly until silky smooth, DO NOT OVERHEAT!
You can spoon your melted chocolate into the ice cube sections, filling almost ½ to ¾ full. Your toppings need to have room to stick on top of the chocolate.
Place your toppings on top of the white chocolate, press them in just a little, to make sure that everything sticks.
If you’d rather mix it altogether first and then spoon it all into the cube spaces, go for it, either way will work!
Now, just cool your bark until it’s solid.
Tap the chocolates out of the trays, serve on a pretty plate & enjoy!
Cranberry Snow Cake
I found this cake on Pinterest and hunted down the recipe. Oh my goodness this Cranberry Snow Cake exudes elegance and decadence. The colors of this cake make you feel warm and cozy at the same time representing the beauty of the Holiday Season.
10 ounce unsalted butter, at room temperature, plus more for pans
3 1/2 cups cake flour
4 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 1/4 cups granulated sugar
7 large egg whites, at room temperature
3 3/4 cups cranberries, divided
3/4 cup granulated sugar
1 1/2 cups cranberry or cherry preserves
5 large egg whites, at room temperature
Pinch of salt
1 1/4 cups granulated sugar
12 ounces Cocoa Mill White Chocolate (bars or a blocks), divided
1 pound unsalted butter, cut into pieces and at room temperature
1/2 cup colorless liqueur such as crème de cacao or kirsch
About 2 tbsp. powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 325°. Butter two 9-in. cake pans; set aside.
- Make cake: In a large bowl, sift together flour, baking powder, and salt. Set aside. In the bowl of a stand mixer, beat butter and sugar together on low speed until light and fluffy. Add egg whites in 3 batches, scraping inside of bowl as needed. Beat in flour mixture in 5 batches, adding 1/4 cup water after each addition (you will begin and end with flour); make sure flour is completely blended each time before adding water. Pour batter into prepared pans, dividing evenly. Smooth tops with a spatula.
- Bake until center of cake feels firm to the touch and a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean, about 40 minutes. Cool cakes completely in pans on a rack.
- Meanwhile, make cranberry filling: Combine 3 cups cranberries, the sugar, preserves, and 1/4 cup water in a small saucepan and cook over high heat until cranberries pop and preserves melt, 5 to 10 minutes. Add remaining 3/4 cup cranberries, stir to combine, and remove from heat. Transfer to a small bowl and chill until ready to assemble cake.
- Make butter-cream: Fill a 2-qt. pan with about 1 in. water and bring to a simmer over low heat. Put egg whites, salt, and sugar in the bowl of a stand mixer and whisk to combine. Place bowl over hot water, making sure bottom of bowl isn’t touching water, and heat whites, whisking constantly, until hot to the touch, 3 to 5 minutes. Remove pan and bowl from heat.
- Put bowl of warm whites on the mixer and whisk on high speed until tripled in volume and side of bowl is cool to the touch, about 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, chop 4 oz. white chocolate, put in a medium metal mixing bowl, and set in same pan of warm water off the heat to melt slowly, stirring occasionally. Remove bowl from pan and let cool to room temperature.
- Reduce mixer speed to low and whisk butter into whites, about 1/4 cup at a time, until incorporated. Continue to whisk on low speed until smooth and fluffy, about 10 minutes (mixture may look grainy at some point but will come together).
- With a rubber spatula, gently fold melted chocolate into butter-cream until completely combined.
- Assemble: Rub tops of both cakes gently with your hands to remove browned outer surface, then carefully invert cakes and rub undersides so that cakes are completely white. Place 1 cake layer on a cake stand or serving plate, top side up. Using a pastry brush, brush top with half the liqueur. Spread about 1 1/2 cups cranberry mixture over layer with a metal spatula, leaving a 1/2-in. empty border around edge. Place second cake layer on top, flattest side down, and brush with remaining liqueur. Spread top and sides of cake with a thin layer of butter-cream to seal in crumbs and chill 30 minutes. Cover with remaining butter-cream, starting with the sides and covering the top last.
- Use the palm of your hand to warm remaining chocolate. Shave smooth side of chocolate bar with a vegetable peeler to make thin curls; scatter curls over cake’s top. Sift powdered sugar over cake. Serve with remaining cranberry mixture on the side.
Make ahead: Baked cake layers can be wrapped in plastic and stored at room temperature or in the fridge up to 2 days ahead. Cranberry filling can be made up to 2 days ahead and chilled.
Bakers’ tip: To make a pure white cake, use your fingers to rub off the browned surface of each layer before assembling.
Strawberry Christmas Tree
This is a wonderful and creative idea for Holiday Parties. It sure beats a vegetable tray and dip.
This ingenious idea was shared by Can’t Stop Making Things and I am happy to share it with you too! Of course it has been adapted to use Cocoa Mill Chocolates but that will make it that much better 🙂
So here it is, so simple, so easy and very impressive….
What you’ll need:
You can use either a Styrofoam tree or a Papier-mâché tree, it only needs to be about 13”, can be smaller too.
You’ll need an 8” inch round cardboard cake round and a doily to disguise to cardboard round.
3 – 4 pounds of strawberries
4 oz. Cocoa Mill Dark Chocolate
1 Tbsp. butter
Waxed Paper and Tape
Cover the tree with waxed paper, tuck the waxed paper ends under and secure with tape.
In a double boiler begin to melt the chocolate and butter slowly until it is liquid like and smooth. Place some chocolate under the doily and secure it to the cardboard cake round, let set.
Coat the bottom of the tree with chocolate and place on the doily 8” cardboard round, let cool and set again.
Separate the strawberries by size and remove the leaves. Dip the largest end of the strawberry in the melted chocolate and press into the bottom of the tree. Cover the whole bottom of the tree with dipped strawberries; continue up using the largest ones first and saving the smaller ones for the top.
Place a strawberry on top of the tree to finish this beautiful edible creation. (You can always add other fruits too if you like!)
Voila, you are done!
My family was a big fan of chocolate chip cookies until one of our employees at Cocoa Mill started using Cocoa Mill’s Bittersweet chocolate shavings in their cookies… They are now converts and will accept nothing less. This is the perfect cookie for the Holidays.
Cocoa Mill’s Bittersweet Chocolate is perfect for baking. In this recipe you will need 1/4 lb of dark chocolate and a good sharp knife to shave the chocolate into small pieces.
You will need:
2/3 cup of butter (or shortening)
1/2 cup of granulated sugar
1/2 cup of brown sugar
1 tsp. vanilla
1 3/4 cups of all-purpose flour
1/2 tsp. of baking soda
1/4 to 1/2 a tsp. of salt (depending on how sweet you like your cookies)
1/4 lb shaved bittersweet chocolate
Pre-heat oven to 375 degrees F.
Cream butter and sugars together, add egg and vanilla, mix well. Add flour, baking soda and salt, mix well. Add the Chocolate shavings and mix well one more time. Spoon cookies onto a greased cookie sheet.
Bake in the oven for 8-10 minutes. When golden around the edges take out and cool on a wire rack. Enjoy with a tall glass of cold milk.
These cookie freeze well, this allows you to pull them out and enjoy them whenever you wish. They also make a beautiful and delicious gift for loved ones and friends during this season of giving.