Oh My G-O-S-H! These are so dang cute! I don’t know why but every time I look at these I feel really happy! So I felt it was necessary to share these with you all too! I have posted a brownie recipe before (click here for recipe) and we will be using the same recipe for these monster brownies, the only difference is this will have peanut butter frosting and added decorations. So again I hope this is fun and easy for you. Enjoy!
Cocoa Mill Brownies:
- 2 sticks of butter (softened)
- 6 to 8 ounces Cocoa Mill dark chocolate
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup all-purpose flour (can use whole wheat if desired, tastes just as good)
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- In a saucepan melt 1 stick of butter and the chocolate, stirring continually so not to burn the chocolate. Set aside.
- In a mixing bowl place 1 stick of butter, sugar, powdered sugar and vanilla mix together. Add eggs and mix again. Add flour and salt mix until well blended. Add chocolate and stir until batter is chocolate through and through. Add nuts last if desired.
- Pour batter into a buttered 13 x 9 x 2 baking pan. Bake at 325 degrees F for 35 – 40 minutes or until a knife stuck in comes out clean.
- Cool in pan on wire rack.
While the brownies are cooling start making your Peanut Butter Frosting:
- ½ cup butter, softened
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 4-5 Tbsp. milk
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- For the peanut butter frosting, blend together peanut butter, powdered sugar, butter, and milk in a stand mixer for 3-4 minutes or until light and fluffy. If it is too stiff, add a bit more milk so it is easy to pipe.
- Using Wilton tip 233, pipe the peanut butter “hair” onto the top of a brownie in whatever way you’d like. Then use upside down Cocoa Mill Peanut Butter Cups to place eyes on your monster. Put a tiny dollop of white icing on top of the Peanut Butter Cup then place a chocolate chip in the center to use as an eyeball.
- If desired, use a decorating bag, small tip and white icing to pipe smile onto your monster brownie. Or you can leave them with just the eyes!