S’mores Pumpkin Pie
Pumpkin Pie is a staple on our Thanksgiving table, but you know sometimes I tire of the same thing year after year after year. This is a fresh take on the classic pumpkin pie.
Pumpkin Pie Purest please avert your eyes to this recipe…. 🙂
What you will need:
1 ½ cups canned pumpkin
4 1/2 cups Golden Graham Cereal
¾ cups brown sugar packed
1 tsp. pumpkin spice
1 pinch salt
5 Tbsp. unsalted butter
14 Tbsp. Heavy cream
½ cup Milk
1 Bag Jumbo Marshmallows cut in half to top pie
- Pre-heat oven to 350®
- In a bowl, stir crushed cereal and butter until well mixed.
- Press firmly into the bottom and sides of a 9” pie plate.
- Bake crust 5-7 minutes. Let cool.
- In a saucepan, over low heat, stir chocolate chunks and 2 Tbsp. heavy cream until smooth. Pour onto bottom of cooled crust and spread evenly.
- In a bowl, whisk together pumpkin and eggs until well blended. Add brown sugar, heavy cream, milk, pumpkin spice and salt. Stir until all ingredients are combined.
- Pour pumpkin batter on top of fudge layer. (Do not over fill pie plate. You may have filling left over.) Bake 1 hour until pumpkin is set. Cool completely. Cover tightly with plastic wrap (do not touch top of pie) chill overnight.
- Next day: Uncover the pie and placed halved jumbo marshmallows on top of the pie.
- Place under the broiler for 30 seconds until marshmallows are golden brown and toasted.